As parents with young children we understand how hard it can be to find time for yourself to workout. CrossFit Lakeland welcomes children ages 6 months and up to our SafeZone Care facility during the class times listed below. During these times we will provide a staff member to supervise the SafeZone. Older children not requiring Care are welcome to sit at the front desk but are not permitted on the gym floor at any time. We ask that children in the front desk area remain quiet as to not interrupt class and only leave the area to use the restroom. Please keep in mind that we are NOT an official daycare service. Our mission is to provide a safe environment for your child while you work out.
Class times for which supervised SafeZone is offered:
Monday – Friday 9am; 4pm; 5:30pm
Saturday – 8:45-11am
Please note that this is subject to change as classes may be added or subtracted over time. Each month a schedule will be posted by our Wodify Sign-In Kiosk. Please refer to this for any updates. For the safety of all children, please review and follow the SafeZone policies below. These rules will be strictly enforced so each child has a safe and enjoyable experience in our SafeZone area.
- Children are not permitted in the SafeZone area without staff present. No children will be allowed behind the reception desk (no exceptions).
- Parents may drop off their child a maximum of ten minutes before class start time and pick up no later than ten minutes after class ending time. Please be mindful during back-to-back classes as the worker may need to take that particular class.
- Parents and legal guardians must remain in the gym while their children are in the SafeZone area. Parents may not leave the premises for any reason while their children are in the SafeZone facility.
- Children between the ages of 6 months and up are accepted into the SafeZone facility; however, infants must be able to sit up independently without arm’s reach supervision.
- Parents, please realize that you will be asked to pause your workout to take your child to the bathroom or change their diaper, if necessary or if crying exceeds 10 minutes. PLEASE try to take your child to the restroom and change their diaper before your workout begins.
- No food, drinks, candy, or gum is allowed in the SafeZone area.
- CrossFit Lakeland is not responsible or liable for any lost or damaged items brought from home. Please do not bring any outside items from home. If homework must be done or a tablet is used while in the SafeZone, please put it away immediately upon completion.
- The SafeZone staff reserves the right to refuse Care to anyone at any time if unruly behavior and consistent disobedience creates a difficult situation.
- CrossFit Lakeland reserves the right to suspend Care privileges from any member who consistently neglects to adhere to CrossFit Lakeland and SafeZone Policies.
- Parents will be required to sign their child in and out of the SafeZone at the front desk during each visit
SafeZone staff members are prohibited from administering any medications.
Health regulations prohibit us from allowing children with any of the following symptoms into the Care area.
- Flu-like symptoms (nausea, vomiting, headache, fever, diarrhea)
- Red, sore throat
- Rashes of any kind
- Severe nasal discharge or productive cough
SafeZone staff members reserve the right to refuse service if they deem a child too ill to render services. A child will not be accepted into the SafeZone area until they have been symptom free for 24 hours.
If your child does not attend school due to an illness, they will not be admitted into the Care area. This is to protect the other children.
- Children are expected to behave appropriately for their age group. Repeated disregard for rules or failure to listen to the SafeZone staff will result in a short “time out” for children two and older. Redirection will be used to address behavior problems for children younger than two.
- Parents will be called to the SafeZone room if their child is behaving inappropriately and cannot be calmed. If this is a repeated occurrence, a course of action will be decided upon by the parent and SafeZone staff this includes the child having to take a month off from CFL SafeZone services. CrossFit Lakeland reserves the right to suspend SafeZone privileges for a specified period of time.
- Parents will be called back to the SafeZone area if their child continues to cry for a period in excess of ten minutes.